Rabu, 11 Juli 2012

Herbal Protection Program

Some times I don't get to post about a photo until I remember that I haven't posted about that photo!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!   'Moonshine' yarrow is a favorite of mine.  It is also a favorite of the birds, particularly the sparrows.  When it is young and even before it flowers, they are clipping off foliage.  I thought it was for their nests, but some times it just gets left on the ground.  Grrrr!  Very annoying!  So like other plants that get protection, our FBI (Floral Bureau of Investigation), brings out the tomato cages that have been covered with netting.  It is the only way that they leave the plant alone!  It makes for a good story not so much a great appearance.  Although it is protection that works for us.  Sort of a cloudy day.  Looks like it could rain.  Trying to get plants in the ground.  The summer just seems to be flying by!  Hope you are having a great day.  Talk to you later.