Kamis, 03 Februari 2011

Seeing Some Green in the Herb Garden!

My buddy, Judith Patton, on Facebook mentioned I should be seeing black and gold in the herb garden because of the Super Bowl!  I do respect the Green Bay Packers so I'm seeing a bit of green as in plants just not supporting them to win!  There were a lot of black and gold plants shown on a local TV program this morning and here is the link to those plants from Doug Oster in Doug's Blog.

I think everyone in the northeastern half of the country has just HAD IT with the SNOW AND COLD!  Any kind of green in the garden is a plus.  If you click on this photo, you may be able to see a leaf or two of the salad burnet.  A very hardy plant!  Really one of my favorites because I have a difficult time eating cucumbers.  Salad burnet does a very good job of giving you the taste of cucumber, but none of the problems.  Lavender is also another one of my favorites, not really gray or green this time of year, but the sculpture of the plant defines the garden.  It is a very pretty day outside and I will share some more survivors in the herb garden over the next days.  After Phil's forecast yesterday, I think we have turned the corner, although we are getting more snow over the weekend!  YIKES!

Here is a perfect quote for today from Mrs. Reppert's TwelveMonth Herbal:

A friend is a person with whom I may be
sincere.  Before him, I may think aloud.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hope you haven't had to dig too much snow.  We were really lucky, lucky, lucky!  Talk to you later.