Senin, 13 September 2010

Quite A Home Away From Home!


                                         

Not your typical Ramada!  This was a 19th Bath stone manor house back in its day.  This was the first stop on my trip to England.  Click on the link for the hotel's website, The Ramada Grange Hotel.   My English Herbal Companion and I stayed here for a couple of days.  It was very relaxing. 


This yew tree is several hundred years old!  What a beautiful specimen it is!


Maybe a caretaker's house on the property.  It was very picturesque.

The walls around the property were very old.  The English Herbal Companion and I thought this was the entrance for the kitchen garden.
Bad photo but we had wildlife visiting a green spotted woodpecker and a rabbit not a hare.  You will just have to take my word that the rabbit was climbing on and around the rumble of the wall in the back.   My English Herbal Companion will hopefully be adding her remarks to my posts when she gets back to Spain where she lives now.  More later!  Beautiful days outside.  Will show you the garden tomorrow.  Two more batches of raspberry jam today!  Talk to you later!