Selasa, 21 Februari 2012

Going to Get Down to Herbal Business!

Well, I can't believe where the time has gone.  We are about a month from spring.  That's the good news.  The bad news is I'm no closer to coming up with a new design for my herb garden.  I'm thinking of doing small vignettes around the established lavenders.  Have I said that already?  It feels like I'm repeating myself.  Since I wrote about Shakespeare's herbs and flowers, I may add a few more of those herbs and flowers in.  The front bed that has sage may be redesigned once again to try once again to make a small knot garden.  I'm a perennial optimist about it!

The Herbal Husband will be off to Peru at the beginning of March and so I will have a bit of time to try to remove some of the hangers on herbally and otherwise speaking.  My two prime targets are the garlic chives right by St. Fiacre (some times fiasco) and a couple of clumps of ornamental grasses.  I also have to mow down the ornamental grasses before they really start growing.  Well, wherever you may be if you have planning of any kind, you should be working on it because the next month will go fast!  We'll be behind before you know it!  Seems some years I'm always trying to catch up!