Sabtu, 19 Maret 2011

Mourning Gloria, by Susan Wittig Albert

One of the very pleasant aspects of my so-called job manifested last week with the arrival of #19 of the China Bayles mystery series by Susan Wittig Albert - Mourning Gloria.
Susan sent me a preview copy of her book, due out in early April.The book arrived here on the 14th. The deadline for the May/June issue of The Essential Herbal was the 15th, on which day my email inbox is generally flooded with 90% of the contents of the upcoming issue. I finished the book yesterday - that should tell you something right there. It sucked me in from the first page, and if there hadn't been so many critical activities going on here I would have read straight through to the end.
In this adventure, China manages to weave her own interest in psychoactive plants with a mystery that unfolds in ways you just do not see coming. Circumstances surrounding a shocking death are nearly missed, but their discovery puts several others in jeopardy.
The recipes for all the tempting herbal dishes discussed in the book are great too!
I always hate when a good book ends because I know I'll miss the characters. This time it was bittersweet because the magazine was nagging at me pretty seriously. So.. til next time, China!
You can read http://www.abouthyme.com/China/ExcerptMourningGloria.pdf

Check it out! If you haven't read any of the other 18 China Bayles mysteries, dive right in.
or PRE-ORDER A COPY