Rabu, 02 Maret 2011

Guest Blogging for The Herb Companion Magazine-A Journey to Fenton House!

Here are the additional photos of Fenton House in Hampstead, England.  The first three were during the walk to the house from the Tube Station.  The next ones around the house and inside.  The last photos are of the three distinct gardens, the formal, the perennial borders and the kitchen garden.  It is really a lovely house and gardens and one if you are in the London area, you should not miss.  My English Herbal Companion and I had a great time. This is my last post on my England trip from last September.  Here is the link to the guest post called Herbal Travels:  The Fenton House Garden in England.  Hope you have a great day.  Talk to you later.
Found my Favorite, Lemon Verbena on the Way to Fenton House
The English Make Good Use of the Window Box for an Herb Garden!
What Not to Do With Trees in Containers!  Not Part of Fenton House!
The Front Gate of Fenton House
Big Bowl of Lavender as a Room Freshener
A View of the North Garden from the House
A Yew Hedge Forms the Entrance to the Gardens
Quite a Lavender Hedge!
A View of the Cross Borders.  I Spy Some Purple Sage!

Staircase to the Rose Garden with a Thyme Surprise!
The Rose Garden

 A Glasshouse


 A Flower Border in the Kitchen Garden!



The Orchard Waiting for the Apple Festival


 One of My Favorite Edible Flowers, Sunflowers!


 Nice Looking Lettuces for September!

My Favorite, Lemon Verbena
Part of the Herb Garden

 A Peek Over the Wall into the Kitchen Garden