Rabu, 09 Juni 2010

A Climbing Graham Thomas in the Garden!

I must start this post by saying that this is not a climbing rose typically .  In our garden, it appears that Graham Thomas has become a climber. Graham Thomas is a David Austin rose.  This year it survived the February snow and it is fighting to stay above the shrubbery.  So tall I need a stepladder to cut it!  It has many, many blooms and if all goes well, it will bloom until the frost comes in fall.  It has a beautiful scent of tea to it.  Hope you have a beautiful rose to clip and smell in your garden.  We were very soggy today.  We have had enough rain.  The heat of summer can start, please!

I just want to send my prayers to one of my favorite extension educators who lost her sister in a tragic truck accident yesterday.  Also I want to send prayers to the Reppert sisters' dad, Byron.  He broke his hip this week and is in a Reading hospital.  Get better soon, Byron!