Senin, 23 November 2009

Another Honeycomb of Tea! (UPDATED)


Well, I was busy again over the weekend.  I did not get much dried herbwise this season.  Sooo I'm taking what I dried last season and I am making tea bags.  Lemon Verbena Lady Blend II is made up of lemon verbena mostly, a little orange peel, orange mint and rose geranium.  I had some last night and mostly got lemon verbena and rose geranium in the flavor.  I'm going to have a second brew this afternoon or later this evening and maybe I'll have a different opinion.  I'll let you know.  UPDATE:  I did have a second brew of the first tea bag and my opinion hasn't changed, mostly lemon verbena (a favorite) and rose geranium and the first time around there was a hint of orange mint.  Because I have GERD (reflux disease) I shouldn't have too much mint!  Mint and herbs are forever connected.  It makes it tough when you want some in your tea blends.  So I use one herb as a foundation and a couple of other herbs as extras or highlights.